Strudel Web User Guide
Strudel Web allows users without access to the Strudel desktop application to access interactive desktop sessions on MASSIVE and the Characterisation Virtual Laboratory using any device with a modern browser.
This service is in beta and we welcome any comments or issues.
This service is available to MASSIVE and CVL users. It is not yet available to users logging in using their Australian Synchrotron credentials for access to IMBL or XFM workflows.
To access Strudel Web, visit https://desktop.massive.org.au/
- Visit https://desktop.massive.org.au/
- Select a remote system from the drop down menu and click “login”:
- If you are a member of a higher education institution, select “MASSIVE and CVL (AAF)”; you will be prompted to use your institutional login credentials to access Strudel Web
- If you are not a member of a higher education institution, or you could not log in using your institutional credentials, select “MASSIVE and CVL (LDAP)”; you will be prompted to use your MASSIVE username and password to access Strudel Web
- Once logged in, select a desktop configuration from the menu on the left.
- Make any changes you require to the default resource requirements and project selection in the main window under “Launch a desktop”, then click “Launch”.
- Wait a few seconds for the desktop to appear under “Running desktops”. Once the state has changed to a tick, click “Show desktop” and your desktop session will appear in a new window or tab. If the status does not change to a tick within a few minutes, you can try to diagnose any problems with this job or contact the Help Desk.
- When you are finished with your desktop session, click “Stop desktop” and then confirm by clicking “Yes” in the confirmation dialogue box.
When things go wrong
If something unexpected happens while using Strudel Web, the easiest way to report the issue is to click the “Send feedback” button in the top right-hand corner. You will be given an opportunity to highlight important information or black out sensitive information, as well as to write a detailed message describing your issue. Your message and a screenshot of the page will be sent to Help Desk staff who will endeavour to resolve any issues as soon as possible.