AI with Deep learning workshop
Register now for our upcoming AI with Deep learning workshop being held on Thursday, 19th September at Clayton campus from 10:00am-4:00pm.
This intermediate-level workshop introduces how to implement and integrate the latest deep learning algorithm into your research by using the HPC cluster.
The workshop is divided into three sections. We will first cover the principles of deep learning models and concepts including neural network and convolutional neural network (CNN). Some coding examples will be given under the algorithm platform PyTorch supported by FAIR. The second part of this workshop will cover a case study about how to modify and implement a deep learning based calibration module to fit the research aim. In this last section, we will go through a few best practices on how to use the high-performance computing (HPC) cluster to request GPUs and accelerate the training speed of the deep learning model.
Prerequisite: Students should have completed “Introduction to Tensor Flow and Machine Learning” workshop.
Other suggested learnings (not a prerequisite): “Introduction to UNIX Shell and Command Line Interface”, “Introduction to HPC” and “Introduction to Python”.
What to bring: Bring your own laptop. The only required software is a web browser.
Venue: Matheson T1 – Sir Louis Matheson Library | 40 Exhibition Walk | Monash University Clayton Campus | Clayton, Victoria
How to register?
- Monash staff and Graduate Research students register here.
- Monash students (other than Graduate Research)
1. Navigate to the Access for students page and create a profile in MyDevelopment by completing the form linked on that page. You will receive an email after 24 hours with your login details.
2. Using your login details, log into myDevelopment.
3. Search for upcoming Data Fluency workshops, by typing into the search box “Data Fluency” or the software you are interested in. eg “AI with Deep learning”
4. Click “Request”.
- External participants
1. Register your interest in attending this workshop by filling in this form. You will be notified as soon as you have been added into the workshop.
Note: If you already have a myDevelopment profile, please login and register as follows:
2. Search for upcoming Data Fluency workshops, by typing into the search box “Data Fluency” or the software you are interested in. eg “AI with Deep learning”
3. Click “Request”.